Friday, April 2, 2010

April

April is finally here!



Strawberry plant on my balcony. 



As I look back I feel as if the beginning of this year has flown by. All the sad days and weeks have been overtaken by the joy of knowing that it is April, this is the month Donovan finally comes back! Even though it wasn't a full 12 month deployment, I think any extended time apart is hard for couples, and I often think about the friends I have who are waiting on the half mark to come, or their husband has just left, there is hope! The welcome home ceremony will come before you know it :)


1 CAV has started streaming them on the web so all family and friends who can't be here can still watch the ceremony, which is pretty amazing. Check out the webcast on the 1 CAV website where it will be airing - www.hood.army.mil/1stcavdiv. The webcast will start about 2 hours before the ceremony time - they will show the plane progress across the states and video of them getting off the plane before they show the ceremony. If you are interested in watching let me know and I will update you on the date and time to watch for.




The FRG is making welcome home signs next week for the single soldiers barrack rooms and to hang on the route to the welcome home ceremony, so exciting - they are going to be home so soon.




Another note: Last weekend I went to Fredericksburg (the wine capitol of TX - yet we did not have any wine... ) with two other ladies anxiously awaiting their husbands to come back too. There was the coolest antique store there - HOMESTEAD and Friends - with the most interesting things such as these chandeliers...












No comments: