Monday, May 24, 2010

Biking


Donovan and I have started biking! I have been taking free spinning classes through MWR on post the last couple of months. I enjoyed spinning in college and finally got back into it. Bike riding has always been a favorite of mine, so I got a new road bike and Donovan shortly followed as he realized it was hard to keep up with me on his mountain bike. 

A couple weeks ago we participated in a bike ride on Fort Hood: Tour d' Hood and did the 16 mile 'family fun ride', where we met some members of "Team Army - Fort Hood" and "Team Roadkill" (a group out of Copperas Cove). They plan at least two group rides a week through Facebook, we met up with them for a nice 34 mile ride in Kempner. 

We are enjoying riding together and finding new rides in surrounding cities. We are learning to wake up earlier on weekends to get an early start as it has started to get hotter and humid to get as much riding in as we can.



1 comment:

Amy said...

34 miles?! Go Etta! And way to make me feel like a super slacker! :)