Tuesday, February 23, 2010

snow

Today it snowed right here in central Texas.
I would say about 3 inches in my area.
Nothing sticking to the roads, just a little slushy.
All the schools got an early release of noon and a 2 hour delay tomorrow and post shut down by noon.
Oh, only if this were in the north they would be shamed.





I remember one Valentine's Day when I worked at the Kennedy Center that it had snowed about 2 feet overnight. I was up digging my car out of the snow - and the snow that the plow had plowed INTO it - to get to work on time.
Crazy south.

On a sad note - I do not have any winter gear here :(
I leave it all at home in DC so I don't have to drag it up there every year.
I now realize I need to have snow pants, boots, hats, gloves, and SLEDS where ever I go, just in case.

No comments: